American Housewife 2016 info:-
American Housewife 2016 is an American sitcom television series created by Sarah Dunn who also working as the executive producer and debuted from ABC on October 11, 2016. The series was produced by Eight Sisters Production Weiner & Schwartz Productions and Kapital Entertainment, in association with ABC Studios. The executive producers were Sarah Dunn and co-executive produced with Aaron Kaplan, Kenny Schwartz, Rick Wiener, and Ruben Fleischer. On May 11, 2018, it was renewed for a third season with 23 episodes. On May 10, 2019, it was renewed for a fourth season. In the first season of this comedy series, an average wife and mother is spotlighted as she raises her flawed family in a town of seemingly perfect people.The series chronicles the daily life of Katie Otto, a wife and mother who tries to stand out among the wealthy, pretentious, arrogant housewives and their privileged children after moving to her new hometown of Westport, Connecticut. In May 2017, ABC renewed American Housewife for a second season, which premiered on September 27, 2017. On October 31, ABC ordered two additional episodes, bringing the season total to 24.
American Housewife 2016 Premise:-
The series chronicles the daily life of Katie Otto, a wife and mother who tries to stand out among the wealthy, pretentious, arrogant housewives and their privileged children after moving to the town of Westport, Connecticut. Compared to the other residents who own big houses, Katie and her family are renters. She lives with Greg, her level-headed husband who is a university professor, and their three children. Taylor is their athletic, headstrong oldest daughter who wants to fit in with her peers; Oliver, their savvy, ambitious, and snarky son, is the middle child; and Anna-Kat, sweet but obsessive-compulsive, is the youngest and Katie’s blatant favorite. Katie frequently vents her frustration to and seeks advice from her two closest friends: Doris, whose strict parenting style sharply contrasts with Katie’s; and Angela, a divorced lesbian mother with a calm parenting style.
On January 28, 2016, it was announced that ABC had given the production a pilot order as The Second Fattest Housewife In Westport. The episode was written by Sarah Dunn who was expected to executive produce alongside Aaron Kaplan, Kenny Schwartz and Rick Wiener. Production companies involved with the pilot include Eight Sisters Productions, Weiner & Schwartz Productions, Kapital Entertainment, and ABC Studios. On May 12, 2016, ABC officially ordered the pilot to series. A few days later, it was announced that the series, now titled American Housewife, would premiere on October 11, 2016 and aired on Tuesdays at 9:30 P.M. On November 4, 2016, ABC picked up the series for a full season of 22 episodes and on December 13, an additional episode was ordered. Please See More Information…….
American Housewife 2016 Cast:-
- Katy Mixon as Kate “Katie” Otto
- Diedrich Bader as Greg Otto, Katie’s husband
- Meg Donnelly as Sweetheart “Taylor” Otto, Katie and Greg’s teenage daughter; the role was portrayed by Johnny Sequoyah in the televised pilot
- Daniel DiMaggio as Oliver Otto, Katie and Greg’s teenage son and middle child
- Julia Butters as Anna-Kat Otto, Katie and Greg’s youngest daughter
- Ali Wong as Doris, one of Katie’s best friends
- Carly Hughes as Angela, one of Katie’s best friends
- Leslie Bibb as Viv, She was introduced as Two-Fitbit Lady
- Jessica St. Clair as Chloe Brown Mueller
- Wendie Malick as Kathryn, Katie’s mother
- Logan Pepper as Cooper Bradford, Oliver’s best friend
- Peyton Meyer as Trip Windsor, Taylor’s boyfriend
- Evan O’Toole as Franklin, Anna-Kat’s best friend
- Carly Craig as Tara Summers
- Jeannette Sousa as Suzanne
- George Hamilton as Spencer Blitz
- Nikki Hahn as Gina
- Amarr M. Wooten as Eyo, Taylor former boyfriend
American Housewife 2016 Critical response:-
American Housewife has received mixed reviews from television critics, with Katy Mixon’s performance being praised as the show’s highlight. Review aggregator website Rotten Tomatoes reported an approval rating of 54%, based on 28 reviews, with an average rating of 6.1/10. The site’s critical consensus reads, “American Housewife is boosted by a strong and enjoyable lead performance by Katy Mixon, yet her performance alone strains to sustain an excessively quirky show that relies too heavily on stereotypes.” Metacritic reported a score of 60 out of 100, based on 25 critics, indicating “mixed or average reviews”.