Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 2019 info:-
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 2019 visits 1969 Los Angeles, where everything is changing, as TV star Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio) and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt) make their way around an industry they hardly recognize anymore. The ninth film from the writer-director features a large ensemble cast and multiple storylines in a tribute to the final moments of Hollywood’s golden age.
Quentin Tarantino’s ninth feature film is a story that takes place in Los Angeles in 1969, at the height of hippy Hollywood. The two lead characters are Rick Dalton (Leonardo DiCaprio), former star of a western TV series, and his longtime stunt double Cliff Booth (Brad Pitt). Both are struggling to make it in a Hollywood they don’t recognize anymore.
But Rick has a very famous next-door neighbor Sharon Tate. Announced in July 2017, it is the first Tarantino film not distributed by Bob and Harvey Weinstein, Tarantino having cut ties following the sexual abuse allegations against Harvey Weinstein that October. After winning a bidding war, the film was instead distributed by Sony Pictures, which met several of Tarantino’s demands including final cut privilege.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 2019 Plot:-
In February 1969, Hollywood actor Rick Dalton, former star of 1950s Western television series Bounty Law, fears his career is over. Casting agent Marvin Schwarz advises him to make Spaghetti Westerns, which Dalton feels is beneath him. Dalton’s friend and stunt double, Cliff Booth a war veteran who lives in a trailer with his pit bull, Brandy – drives Dalton around town because Dalton’s high-functioning alcoholism has resulted in too many DUIs.
Booth has had no film work since the death of his wife, whom he is rumored to have murdered. Actress Sharon Tate and her husband, director Roman Polanski, have moved into the house next door to Dalton’s. Dalton dreams of befriending the couple to restore his status. That night, Tate and Polanski join Jay Sebring at a celebrity-filled party at the Playboy Mansion.
The next day, Booth repairs Dalton’s TV antenna. He reminisces about a sparring match he had with Bruce Lee on The Green Hornet set, which resulted in Booth being fired on the spot. Charles Manson stops by the home of Polanski and Tate looking for record producer Terry Melcher, who used to live there but is turned away by Sebring. While driving Dalton’s car, Booth picks up a young hitchhiker, Pussycat. He drops her off at Spahn Ranch, where Booth once filmed Bounty Law.
Booth is suspicious of a large number of hippies squatting on the property (the Manson Family), and suspects they are taking advantage of the owner, George Spahn. Booth insists on checking on Spahn despite objections from Squeaky Fromme. Spahn dismisses Booth’s fears. Returning to the car, Booth discovers that Clem Grogan has slashed a tire; Booth beats him and forces him to change it. Please See More Information…….
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 2019 Cast:-
- Leonardo DiCaprio as Rick Dalton
- Brad Pitt as Cliff Booth
- Margot Robbie as Sharon Tate
- Emile Hirsch as Jay Sebring
- Margaret Qualley as “Pussycat”, a Manson Family member who is a composite character, with her nickname based on that of Kathryn “Kitty” Lutesinger, yet modeled after Ruth Ann Moorehouse. Manson would frequently send Moorehouse into the city to lure men with money back to Spahn Ranch. Lutesinger met Manson and the Family in 1969 through her boyfriend, Bobby Beausoleil. There is also someone who is only called Pussycat in the book The Family by Ed Sanders. According to those Sanders interviewed for the book, Pussycat underwent an exorcism in San Francisco, in which Charles Manson was present. The real identity of Pussycat is never revealed.
- Timothy Olyphant as James Stacy
- Julia Butters as Trudi Fraser
- Austin Butler as Charles “Tex” Watson, a Manson Family member who met Charles Manson through musician Dennis Wilson of The Beach Boys. The Manson Family resided at Wilson’s house for a number of months. On the night of the Tate murders, Watson told his victims, “I’m the Devil, and I came to do the devil’s business.” In the film, it is a line he says to Cliff Booth.
- Dakota Fanning as Lynette “Squeaky” Fromme, a Manson Family member who was convicted of attempting to assassinate President Gerald Ford in a 1975 environmental protest inspired by Charles Manson’s teachings. Fromme was attempting to impress Manson. Fromme was assigned as the main caretaker of George Spahn and would attend to his needs, sexual or otherwise.
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 2019 Production:-
On July 11, 2017, it was announced that Quentin Tarantino’s next film would be about the Manson Family murders. Harvey and Bob Weinstein would be involved, but it was not known whether The Weinstein Company would distribute the film, as Tarantino sought to cast before sending out a package to studios.
Tarantino approached Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lawrence to star in the film. It was also reported that Margot Robbie was being considered for Sharon Tate. Samuel L. Jackson was also in talks to portray a major role, and Pitt was in talks to portray the detective investigating the murders.
In the wake of the Harvey Weinstein sexual abuse allegations, Tarantino cut ties with Weinstein and sought a new distributor, after having worked with Weinstein for his entire career. At this point, Leonardo DiCaprio was revealed to be among a shortlist of actors Tarantino was considering for the film.